Objectives & Goals
Our objectives as enshrined in the PPFSS Constitution are to:
- Foster close ties amongst Provident Funds and Social Security Organizations throughout the Pacific;
- Increase the capacity of Member Organizations to provide sound organizational and financial management through the sharing of information, experiences and management practices by capacity building through staff training, attachments and exchanges and any other worthwhile activity.
- Contribute to a sound economic climate in the Pacific region to enable Member Organizations to effectively discharge their obligations to members and contributors, and to contribute to the development of their nations to the fullest extent possible.
- Participate in relevant international forums and to provide proper representation for the Pacific region at an international level.
- To liaise with relevant international and regional bodies, and where appropriate to seek membership of international agencies with similar or related objects.
- To publicize, advertise and promote the objects, achievements and benefits of the Forum.
- To act as a forum for the discussion (and resulting action) of issues concerning funds management, the promotion of social security and all related matters in the Pacific context.
- To establish and maintain funds by means of subscription fees, contributions and levies, and to seek financial aid and grants in order to further the lawful purposes of the Forum.
- To purchase, take on lease, hire or otherwise acquire any real or personal property that may be deemed necessary or convenient for any of the objects or purposes of the Forum.
- To work with in close consultation with the Governments and the private sectors in all Pacific nations in advocating policies to assist in achieving the above objects.
- To generally promote the welfare of Members Organizations and of their members, contributors and staff and to do all other things as may be incidental to, or conductive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.